Monday, August 29, 2011

Being 26

I keep telling myself that I want to get in to the habit of posting in my blog regularly. Yesterday was my birthday so I figured I will try to post every day for at least 1 year. I don't know if I will be able to do this.

So yesterday was Hurricane Irene. After a week of the news and weather media, along with my facebook news feed warning me about the dangers of the Hurricane that was heading our way, Hurricane Irene turned out to be Hurricane Lame. We got about 3" of rain and a couple pine needles in our yard. I spent the entire week making fun of people who were over reacting to the storm and now they all look like fools.

My birthday as a whole was wonderful. I did exactly what I wanted to do - which was nothing at all. Cassandra and I woke up, hung out all day, and met Amanda and Jackson at Target. We got some intense video footage of the storm pushing a shopping cart through the parking lot. Luckily, no one was hurt. The four of us went to Chili's for lunch which was pretty uneventful. The rest of the afternoon was spent at our apartment hoping not to lose power. Of course we never did. Mike and Jeffery came over last night to spend time drinking wine and watching Netflix.

The entire day today was spent buying Cassy a new car.
I should note: we did not go in with the expectations of buying a car today, thus we didn't have any of the required paperwork, proofs, down payment, etc...

After about 5 hours at the dealership, Cassy ended up owning a 2011 Toyota Corolla S. The price was right and I'm proud of her :-)

Due to the storm, however, Maine was put in to a State of Emergency. Which really doesn't mean much other than "No one can buy any sort of insurance or make any changes to their existing policies until the Emergency clears." Which means her car can't be insured until midnight tonight. So after spending the entire day test driving, negotiating, talking to managers, making deals, refusing offers, picking up paperwork, signing forms, and buying a car... Cassy still doesn't physically have her car. That will change tonight when we raid the Toyota Dealership and steal her car.

We're not actually stealing it. The car belongs to us. Once it's insured at midnight, we're driving over, dropping off her trade, and picking up her new car. We already have the keys.

So now I'm writing this. Burning time. Drinking hard cider.
Goodnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home