Friday, September 2, 2011

Not Enough Sleep

Yesterday was a fun day. Harley and I met at Famous Dave's BBQ for lunch in an attempt to both quench our respective hungers and visit Cassandra at the same time. I'm not much of a murderer, but I'll kill two birds when I see the opportunity.

Just as we were sitting down, Cassy was relieved of her duties as a server for the morning and was able to join us for lunch. Since there were now three of us, and splitting the check became FAR too difficult for any of our beer-buzzed cerebellums to calculate, Cassy paid for everything and, consequently Harley owes Cassy a dinner date. Don't worry, I'm not upset about it.

Work was uneventful. During the hours of nothingness which transpired, Harley and I decided to entertain ourselves by streaming Eddie Izzards newst set: Live at Maddison Square Garden. Brilliant.

Additional entertainment included a close-quarters game of football in the lobby. The game lasted about 90 seconds before Andrew - an Enterprise employee, also the second dumbest person I have the pleasure of working with - got the ball stuck on top of the awning above the rental counters. At that point, Jerome (Jerome wins the competition for dumbest person I have the pleasure of working with. I'm thinking trophies would be considered rude though) Spider Man-ed, (or Stick-em Powers, as Harley informs me) his way up the wall, on to the awning, and retrived the football.

Harley departed at midnight and I stuck around for delayed flights and the customers they conveyed. I was at work until 2:30am. One customer showed up. I was less than thrilled.

Despite the fact that I arrived home near 3:00 - and didn't fall asleep until closer to 4 - I tried to wake up at a reasonable hour (10:30 is reasonable, right?) which has left me sleepy and irritable. This fact compounded with the utter stupidity which surrounds me every day by certain (but not all) coworkers and a vast majority of customers has resulted in some quite sarcastic and often times down right rude responses to idiotic questions and comments.

For instance:

"I'm a little short on cars so I'll let you pick from the following - Buick Lucerne, Ford Escape, or Dodge Avenger"
"Oh, I don't know. I don't like Dodge. Which is bigger, the Lucerne or the Escape?"
"The Escape has more interior room becuase it's an SUV but they're both about the same length"
"Which is going to be easier to park?"
"That depends on how good you are at parking. I don't have a problem parking any of our cars."
"Oh, I just don't know."
"Ok, well I have a line of people. So why don't you go have a seat and give it a good think over and I'll help someone else."
"Are you serious?"
"Yes."

You're not buying the car, lady; you're renting it. In fact, you're renting it for less than 24 hours. I have no patience for people today and have no problem demonstrating that fact to them.

If you're an idiot, I'm gonna make sure you don't leave here without being made aware of that fact.

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home